Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Ads that makes you go WHAT?

Adweek posts 10 best ads of the week and one of them was a RayBan spot


I thought this was revolutionary and clever until.... I got across Honda's new TV spot.
Optical Illusions are not so "revolutionary." It existed since l-o-n-g time ago, and it has been used in many different artworks over the years. Also using optical illusion in advertising has been done 7 years ago by Audi. But the thing is, how redundant the subject may be, it amazes me every time! It screws up my head even though when I see how-to, I go "I knew that!"....... not really

Without further ado, here is the Honda Spot:
 


The spot was done by mcgarrybowen London for European TV spot.
The flow of the spot is quiet and smooth, while your head is going "!?@?#?$?!#??Q?#@$#@%"
Its keeping you calm and exciting you at the same time. How fun is that?

I don't really watch how-its-done videos unless if I am writing an essay about it for class or if the spot is so awesome I just need to know how it was done. Well, this one certainly was the latter.
Here is the making of:


No comments:

Post a Comment