Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Adopsy on "Let's Build"


The weather these days are getting as low as 35F, and I can smell winter in the air which means its time for me to move on to Cinnamon Dolce Latte at Starbucks from regular soy latte! Icy weather with cinnamon sprinkles in the air, lets perform second adopsy.
The spot is "Let's Build" Adweek's "best commercial of the week: Nov.2-Nov.8"

Here is the subject of the adopsy to be performed: 

I have to say, that little boy's voiceover is cute and creepy at the same time... is it just me? Anyway who doesn't like lego and who didn't grow up playing with LEGO? this commercial really warmed my heart....

Details details!:[this ad is not up on adsoftheworld yet. I wonder why?]
Client: LEGO
Agency: We Are Pi (Amsterdam based agency)
Director: Joanna Bailey
LEGO Project Leads: Sara Riis-Carstensen & Kathryn Mariott
(is this it? well, this is as much as information that is put out to the public at this moment.)

One thing I found interesting during my research of this spot is that lot of blogs with the word "geek" has made a post about the commercial! LEGO = geek? hmm....

Endless agencies continue on to overseas and this "WE ARE Pi" is truly weirdly attractive agency. (which kind of explains why that commercial is awkwardly weirdly cute?)
This is the "about" portion of the agency:

WE ARE Pi was founded in Amsterdam on March 14th 2011, Pi Day. Pi is infinite; people constantly search to better define it. We use this as a principle to search for shared value between people, communities and brands.WE ARE Pi is a tight team of different nationalities, backgrounds and truly diverse talent collaborating on world class projects.















and this picture is also the part of the about page.... now do you feel what I feel? :D


Aside from weirdness, this agency's clients include TED, LEGO, BBB, Habitat and Deloitte. Its a startup company, and within 2 years it was placed #1 on the "best commercial of the week" on world famous adweek.com, so hopefully we'll be able to see much more creative works from We Are Pi soon!

Going back to the commercial, its almost like a juxtaposition ad, placing a cute family lovey-dovey image with business introduction video-like voiceover. As I play this ad over and over again, seeing all those lego buildings and "sculptures" are breathtaking! They probably had handful of lego professionals building them constantly for especially breaking scenes...

One question I have is "where is mom?" why just a boy? will this become into a campaign and have a girl version? Was I the only female that played with lego? I don't think so!!!!!!
Personally, I really hope they make a girl version building castles, cars or horses for her dolls!

This ad is clearly targeting parents with little "boys" and has an underlying message that christmas is coming! *winkwink 

I just cannot get over how uncomfortable it still is, playing over and over again, and how cute and heart warming it is, making me to remind of the days I built LEGO with my daddy and how sad I was when my mom pull me away from my toys and put me to bed...

By reminding adults/parents of their own childhood and brining back their own precious childhood memory with LEGO, it leads them to purchase LEGO to their children to give them the same beautiful experience. I strongly believe LEGO is one of the top brand where they have strong bonds with their clients and everyone, their life-long customer.



No comments:

Post a Comment